Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric mirrors

Hi all,
    anyone tell me if I can buy some manual Surf mirrors (chrome) and swap over the insides of my electric 4Runner ones?
    They look the same sort of shape and size, I just want the 'bling' chrome look as my original ones are working fine.

Cheers

Originally posted by Rundie
    Hi all,
    anyone tell me if I can buy some manual Surf mirrors (chrome) and swap over the insides of my electric 4Runner ones?
    They look the same sort of shape and size, I just want the 'bling' chrome look as my original ones are working fine.

Cheers

milners do the chrome mirrors and black mirrors at
    chrome=£30 each
    black= £25 each
    both prices to add p&p and vat

it doesn't state whether they are manual or electric tho but surely you can move the glass by not wiring them in anyway
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hi all,

Cheers
      2nd gen Surf mirrors are electric as well so should be a straight swap.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
        2nd gen Surf mirrors are electric as well so should be a straight swap.
        i never read that properly and thought he never had electric mirrors on his
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yeah, current 4Runner ones are electric and if possible I'd like to keep that option.
          I've e-mailed Milners about theirs as they are a reasonable price, they are manual though.
          The 2nd gen ones should be a straight swap but experience on my other Toyota (UK Supra) tells me that the electrics are different from J spec to UK?

Also second hand ones are hard to come by I think. Roughtrax do some (electric) for 70 odd quid each plus vat which is a bit steep just for the chrome look.

Comment

There's plenty of people breaking Surfs at the moment - some listed on here. Try doing a search or there's http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-surf-el...QQcmdZViewItem
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Just an idea but you could try one of the modders sites for guys that bling up saxo's etc. They often do chrome covers for existing mirrors and might be able to point you to a set that will fit the surf.

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
              I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Hi all,

Cheers
                I have a 4runner with black mirror backs but bought 2 import (chrome) mirrors to replace them when the broke. I put the black backs on to keep it looking origional so i think i still have the 2 chrome back in the garage going cheap if you wanted them.
                They r easy to swap and just unscrew once you unscrew and take out the glass/motor.

PM me or text on 07732 898680 if your interested.
                BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Hi mate,
                  can't PM cause the forum won't allow me to !!
                  So, are these chrome backs new/un-used then? Very interested.

Paul

Comment

£70 each for new elec mirrors don't sound too bad to me, in my expierience of elec mirrors they can cost double that!!
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I agree but it's a bit steep when all I want is the chrome backs as my mirrors are fine.
                      Thanks to Jon (Grimreaper) I've now swapped the originals over as he sold me a couple of chrome backs from Surf mirrors. Fitted them today and chuffed with the new 'bling' look.

Paul

Comment

Cool, I've got the opposite problem, my mirror shells are fine, but the electric bit doesn't work.

Don't know if its the motors, switches or wiring, I'll get to it one day.
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                          Cool, I've got the opposite problem, my mirror shells are fine, but the electric bit doesn't work.

Don't know if its the motors, switches or wiring, I'll get to it one day.

when you do let me know what the problem was as i got the same truck as you year and spec and my dont work either keep meaning to get it to pieces to have a look but there are always much more fun things to do!
                          Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 16 February 2007, 18:55.
                          it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Working...
                          X