landcruiser springs fitted!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• landcruiser springs fitted!!!

well fitted them, wasnt to bad of a job to do!...

but the passangers side sits 35mm higher than the drivers side...ideas anybody???

also i cranked the torsion bar up on the passangers side, then when it came to doing the drivers side it is solid no movment what so ever...

I put plenty of wd40 on the day before that seem to work ok for the passangers side but done nothing for the other...i mean the $$$$$$ thing is hard to get to with out the added problem off no movment any ideas n e 1?????????
    CHEERS JOHN................

Originally posted by slim
    well fitted them, wasnt to bad of a job to do!...

but the passangers side sits 35mm higher than the drivers side...ideas anybody???

also i cranked the torsion bar up on the passangers side, then when it came to doing the drivers side it is solid no movment what so ever...

I put plenty of wd40 on the day before that seem to work ok for the passangers side but done nothing for the other...i mean the $$$$$$ thing is hard to get to with out the added problem off no movment any ideas n e 1?????????
    with the springs they havent got o/s and n/s on them have they cause of the fuel tank weight on the o/s.the 2" lift springs from r/trax have it on them
    the torsion bars may just want more lube on them and left a bit longer and then use a breaker bar on them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Did you measure before you cranked up the torsion bar as this would have lifted the whole side up.
      If thats not the problem are the springs "handed" to allow for extra weight on one side, ie fuel tank,driver etc.
      Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

"also i cranked the torsion bar up on the passangers side, then when it came to doing the drivers side it is solid no movment what so ever..."

I assume you are taking the weight off the bars by jacking the body up so the wheel hangs free to its full extension. It should work if you do this. It can be dangerous if you don't .
        Brian

Comment

Iam not sure if they have left and right,s although i did check them both before i fitted them, and they both were level with each other...

i did lift the vehicle off the floor when cranking the torsion bars...

as for getting a breaker bar in there no chance theres not enought room!!!! iam trying to move the nut on the top and not the bolt on the bottom, i take it that is the right way to do it?????

Comment

Iam not sure if they have left and right,s although i did check them both before i fitted them, and they both were level with each other...

i did lift the vehicle off the floor when cranking the torsion bars...

as for getting a breaker bar in there no chance theres not enought room!!!! iam trying to move the nut on the top and not the bolt on the bottom, i take it that is the right way to do it?????
            use the bolt facing the floor John,you may have to put a spanner on the nut if that starts to turn too

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              use the bolt facing the floor John,you may have to put a spanner on the nut if that starts to turn too
              thanks richard is that ok to do?? does it not stress the bolt too much..

Comment

thats the way i done mine as long as both front wheels are off the ground
                i never needed to use the spanner on the nut as my bolts turned ok

Comment

The bolt is the correct way to do it and if everything is working ok the top nut should not move. If it's jammed it may need holding.
                  Brian

Comment

Thanks Guys I Will Give That A Go After Giving It Some More Wd40....

Any Of You Other Guys Had The Problem With One Side Sitting Higher Than The Other?????

I Have Not Yet Run The Truck Since Doing The Mod, So Maybe A Short Run Could Sort Things Out!!

Comment

The drivers side will be affected by the deisel tank weight but on mine the difference is only around 5-10mm dependant on how full it is. Your measurement variation of 35mm (1.38") does seem excessive.

Might be worth checking with your supplier to see if they are 'Handed'. I know you said they were both level with each other but maybe one was the same length but stiffer.
                      Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=slim]Thanks Guys I Will Give That A Go After Giving It Some More Wd40....

Any Of You Other Guys Had The Problem With One Side Sitting Higher Than The Other?????QUOTE]

Nope. My springs were the same length.

Comment

Originally posted by Panrixx
                          The drivers side will be affected by the deisel tank weight but on mine the difference is only around 5-10mm dependant on how full it is. Your measurement variation of 35mm (1.38") does seem excessive.

Might be worth checking with your supplier to see if they are 'Handed'. I know you said they were both level with each other but maybe one was the same length but stiffer.
                          HI M8,

I have thought of that maybe the stiffness is an issue!!! ooooohhh (no dirty replys please )... Iam also having a few probs with the torsion bar on the same side so this may not be helping the springs, so i will try and sort out the torsion bars so the truck is level at the front first then take her for a quick spin, then have another measure up and take it from there.

Comment

Lay on the ground, look up at the torsion bar bolt, and turn it clockwise to raise the front.
                            With mine, I just sprayed WD40 on the threads and where the bolt head touches the chassis an hour before, and they turned no probs.

Comment

If the Torsion bar on the same side has not been raised but the other one has then that will make a difference.

As you put more load on the front torsion bar it releives some of the load at the rear. Therefore, as you raise the front the rear has less weight to carry and rises slightly.
                              Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X