Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift Queary

Bit of advise please people.

I`ve been doing a lot of searches recently about doing a body lift, and which kit to use, and stumbled across this old thread.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=body+lift

Was thinking of going with the kit that Jotto points to with his link.Then i read what Kirky Ranger said about upgrading the ES3000 with the ES9000 shocks.(he says this on the second page)

Would this be the better way to go with the uprated shocks, since i don`t won`t the arse dragging on the floor when i`ve got the caravan on the back.

thanks
    Stella Artois

If you've got saggy arse syndrome then you need to replace the springs and shocks. No amount of body lift is going to sort that out. Once you've got the suspension right then, if you want to wear bigger boots, you should start to look at a body lift as a cheap way to get extra clearance in the wheel arches.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

The ES9000 shocks are recommended for towing.....

http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...ksDampers.html

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
        Bit of advise please people.

I`ve been doing a lot of searches recently about doing a body lift, and which kit to use, and stumbled across this old thread.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...ight=body+lift

Was thinking of going with the kit that Jotto points to with his link.Then i read what Kirky Ranger said about upgrading the ES3000 with the ES9000 shocks.(he says this on the second page)

Would this be the better way to go with the uprated shocks, since i don`t won`t the arse dragging on the floor when i`ve got the caravan on the back.

thanks
        If the only reason for this is because of towing you would be better off getting the milners 20% stronger springs. If you feel it needs abit more support after you have done the springs, then change the shocks for the es9000
        I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto
          If the only reason for this is because of towing you would be better off getting the milners 20% stronger springs. If you feel it needs abit more support after you have done the springs, then change the shocks for the es9000
          No it`s not,Wanted to do the lift anyway,was`nt sure of the effect when towing, thats all
          Stella Artois

Comment

Originally posted by jackster
            No it`s not,Wanted to do the lift anyway,was`nt sure of the effect when towing, thats all
            I found the 2" lift springs sagged after a while especially when towing!!
            You might be better off going for the milners springs and 2" spring spacers with the new shocks, and then just cranking the front torsion bars up a bit.
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Working...
            X