new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires

hiya guys and dolls not been on for a while just had new 33''inch tyres fitted on my surf at the weekend she looks well, but having a bit of bother gettin them balanced any ideas chaps.Also i seem to have hit a brick wall when i asked if i could get tracking cheaked at various fast fit bays only to find out there gages wont fit on 33''inch tyres to cheak the above thanks alot IF GREEN PEACE GET THERE WAY LONG LIVE SURFS

Have you tried a commercial tyre fitters place? I had to go to one for my transit, 'cos the wheel centres were too big for car tyre fitting places.

Comment

I used Tyrespot to supply and fit my 33's. They had no problem balancing them. As for tracking, try to find someone with a good old-fashioned set of Dunlop tracking gauges instead of all this laser mumbo-jumbo. That's all I used on mine and set it to parallel. Straight as a die if you ignore the road camber - the wide tyres try to follow it.
      You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

another route is to measure between your rear inside tire measurement then go to front and do the same if your rear axle is true (should be) then dial in your front tire rods and your in business

Comment

Working...
        X