Recovery Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Points

There is already a thread on here Recovery Point Thread that shows a nice pic of a rear recovery point on the Surf, but does anyone know where can I get hold of these? Don't fancy the towbar option as I'm not sure it would be strong enough.

Can anyone tell me how strong the hook on the front chassis rail is?

Originally posted by NFC
    There is already a thread on here Recovery Point Thread that shows a nice pic of a rear recovery point on the Surf, but does anyone know where can I get hold of these? Don't fancy the towbar option as I'm not sure it would be strong enough.

Can anyone tell me how strong the hook on the front chassis rail is?

The front hooks on the rail are specifically for the purpose of being lashing/towed [I've had two surfs attached in tandem to the front of mine].

I have also had a surf attached to the front of the vehicle and a Landrover 110 on the towbar to tow the 110 up a hill after water had got to the electrics and it packed up on the hill.

Obviously towpoints on the chassis are the better option but unless you adapt the back for this [either bumper change or weld on brackets] you are only going to get the 'lash down' eyes at the back unless theyve been taken off for the towbar etc.
    Gaz

Comment

Working...
    X