No announcement yet.

Body Lift Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the anodised lift blocks bring the bling though!

3" is much harder to pull off than 2", especially with a an Autobox.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

body lift kits

stop pussy footin around you lot n get em lifted a 2" kit is a piece o cake
      me n gaz did it the other day to his its on the forum somewhere under modifications there was nowt to it. even on a 2" lift you need to extend the steering colum/fuel tank filler neck vac pipes front diff oh an it will take 2 men the best part of a day if you dont ave a windy gun.YOU CANT BEET A 4 INCH LIFT GO ON GUYS DO A PROPPER JOB gollygone
      just read another thread and sore the cost of fittin a kit , when my garage is built starting next month you buy a lift kit drive up to us an we will fit it for a lot less than i just sore that quote for. n get your kit from rodger brown its cheaper lift blocks are made of nylon no rust no worrys fit n forget gollygone again
      Last edited by golly; 2 February 2006, 23:01. Reason: misd a bit

Comment

Golly - Just seen your details mate...

'Vehicle: Surf 3L Mreg/ busa you cant beat a busa/faster than a coppers helicopter.'

True, but aint quicker than a radio!! Believe me i know.
        [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
        [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Guys check out this thread for the stuff as Danno can now supply.
          Enjoy...
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Calm down Golly! 4" body lifts arn't all that, nothing like being able to drive a bus between the chassis and the body.

Personally, I'd alway advise a customer to combine small body lifts with suspension lifts to get a nicer looking and working end product.

Originally posted by golly
            YOU CANT BEET A 4 INCH LIFT GO ON GUYS DO A PROPPER JOB gollygone

Comment

lift mine 3" today

Lifted mine today 3" took 4 hours easy easy will post pics when tyres etc are on

andy
              I dont know only just got mine!

Comment

so you know what a busa is? qube3

Originally posted by qube3
                Golly - Just seen your details mate...

'Vehicle: Surf 3L Mreg/ busa you cant beat a busa/faster than a coppers helicopter.'

True, but aint quicker than a radio!! Believe me i know.
                i am investigating the use of carbon fiber as a cloaking device carbon wheels carbon fairing carbon lid? what do you think any ideas? qube3 is that maths or somthing deeper?

Comment

fair comment tony

Originally posted by TonyN
                  Calm down Golly! 4" body lifts arn't all that, nothing like being able to drive a bus between the chassis and the body.

Personally, I'd alway advise a customer to combine small body lifts with suspension lifts to get a nicer looking and working end product.

it just seems a good way of gettin big tyres under if my truk had leaf sprung front n rear axles n i whish it did then id do a suspention lift but when you have ifs an you start messin with that it can send all the the front potty toe in toe out castor n kingpin inclination (scews my very bad spellin am gettin better though) as for the bus thing i have some new plastic coming so you cant see between the chassis n the bus stop down the road gollygone keep surfin all

Comment

Sure, looks a lot better with the gaps filled up. A proper suspension lift keeps all the front aligned, I generally fit Superlift 4" lift kits as they've always gone on easily and the trucks never have any trouble get the alignment done after.

Leaf springs are easier for sure, that why my 2 door 2nd gen Surf is getting all the IFS rubbish cut off and my old pickup axles and springs going under it.

The ride isn't the same though, No big arch leaf springs over 4" of lift normally flex anygood for wheelin' or normal driving, that why I made my own spring packs out of a mixture of different leaves for the pickup. But if the truck does any amount of road work keep the IFS and rear coils.

My big downer on big bodylifts, especialy on older trucks that start getting a little rust on the floor, is the amount of momentum the body gets being that far above the chassis, have seen trucks that have hit a car, the chassis stops quickly and the body gets ripped straight off. Now that I doing this $hit professionally, and even signing off the modifications I've done for insurance companys sometimes, I can't have anything that may come back looking dodgy if the worst happens. That why I'm not making my own lift stuff for trucks apart from mine yet, Procomp, Superlift, LA Supertrux etc.... all have the resourses to test stuff properly and any problems can go back to them.

Comment

Sure, looks a lot better with the gaps filled up. A proper suspension lift keeps all the front aligned, I generally fit Superlift 4" lift kits as they've always gone on easily and the trucks never have any trouble get the alignment done after.

Leaf springs are easier for sure, that why my 2 door 2nd gen Surf is getting all the IFS rubbish cut off and my old pickup axles and springs going under it.

The ride isn't the same though, No big arch leaf springs over 4" of lift normally flex anygood for wheelin' or normal driving, that why I made my own spring packs out of a mixture of different leaves for the pickup. But if the truck does any amount of road work keep the IFS and rear coils.

My big downer on big bodylifts, especialy on older trucks that start getting a little rust on the floor, is the amount of momentum the body gets being that far above the chassis, have seen trucks that have hit a car, the chassis stops quickly and the body gets ripped straight off. Now that I doing this $hit professionally, and even signing off the modifications I've done for insurance companys sometimes, I can't have anything that may come back looking dodgy if the worst happens. That why I'm not making my own lift stuff for trucks apart from mine yet, Procomp, Superlift, LA Supertrux etc.... all have the resourses to test stuff properly and any problems can go back to them.

Cheers Tony!
                      I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                        Cheers Tony!
                        Read the post Danno, I said BIG body lifts, not hockey pucks like your making, 2" is nothing to worry about!

Hope we're not gonna get frowned at everytime someone doesn't like something you want to make!! Its just an opinion.

Comment

Read the post Danno, I said BIG body lifts, not hockey pucks like your making, 2" is nothing to worry about!

Hope we're not gonna get frowned at everytime someone doesn't like something you want to make!! Its just an opinion.

I like frowning, I'm good at it!

Opinions are good, I can take opinions!

I bow my head in shame.........................

I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                            I like frowning, I'm good at it!

Thats what owning a 2.4 does to you!

You still need me to make that 'Delivery' to Jotto this weekend?

Comment

Thats what owning a 2.4 does to you!

You still need me to make that 'Delivery' to Jotto this weekend?
                              Yes please mate. I'll call you later.

Cheers
                              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X