surf turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surf turbo

hi there i have just worked out how many miles to the gallon i get out of my 2.4 ltr and it is about 13 yuk. I have been told that the turbo could be going and the air hose is split would this cause the problems and dose anyone know where i can get a turbo for less than £400 or can i put a more economical engine in. Any sujestions would be helpful because i love my surf and it is a dream to drive
    cheers

Start with the easier (cheaper) stuff, fix the split hose, change all the filters and give it a good dose of Redex (or similer)

If the Turbo isn't noisy, or not pumping oil, its generally OK.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

easier stuff

Originally posted by TonyN
      Start with the easier (cheaper) stuff, fix the split hose, change all the filters and give it a good dose of Redex (or similer)

If the Turbo isn't noisy, or not pumping oil, its generally OK.
      cheers i have ordered the hose a snip at 31 quid. I have noticed spots of either iol or diesel on the drive when i park up but a constant check of the oil level seems so be fine ( this has been the case for months now) the turbo dosen't sound noisey but i wouldn't know what to listen for. A friend that has done some work on it says he has found oil in some pipes and thinks a seal may have gone in the turbo. roughly what would the excpected mpg be

Comment

Originally posted by andyhum
        cheers i have ordered the hose a snip at 31 quid. I have noticed spots of either iol or diesel on the drive when i park up but a constant check of the oil level seems so be fine ( this has been the case for months now) the turbo dosen't sound noisey but i wouldn't know what to listen for. A friend that has done some work on it says he has found oil in some pipes and thinks a seal may have gone in the turbo. roughly what would the excpected mpg be
        as far as your MPG goes many on here say the 2.4 & 3.0 give about the same;
        Mine
        abusing..v heavy right boot towing etc......20
        mod abusing.. high speed cruising 80+........24
        sensible.. ish!.........26-27
        normal driving....................... ......yet to find out
        Ive been told if the turbo whistles with no nasty noises or leaks ..its fine
        dont know how truthfull that is..I start to worry when mine doesnt
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by andyhum
          You'll often find oil in the intake before the turbo, its from the crankcase breather. All motors will breath a little oil as they get older.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            You'll often find oil in the intake before the turbo, its from the crankcase breather. All motors will breath a little oil as they get older.

cheers guys looks like i need to get a beter job to pay for the bad MPG then lol maybe a service is needed or a newer engine because the stats on some of the new van engines give 40 + mpg oh bliss lol

Comment

Working...
            X