Should I fit this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I fit this ?

Just found this on the 'bay' :http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-6-Cylin...QQcmdZViewItem . Would give my old girl a boost !
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

what size is it?
    sounds like a plan
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

If you don't I will!!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

now you have given the game away, thought/hoping I was the only one who had seen it.
        Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
        My choice
        Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
          now you have given the game away, thought/hoping I was the only one who had seen it.
          Wot , you going to fit it for me ?
          Tony , these are not a straight fit are they as IFS was fitted because of the engine size ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
            Wot , you going to fit it for me ?
            Tony , these are not a straight fit are they as IFS was fitted because of the engine size ?
            Dunno about straight fit, the IFS was partly introduced to give clearance for the V6 engines, so you may have to 'redesign' the sump a little, or fit a small body lift (my preffered option)

You'll have to make engine mounts, and fiddle with the gearbox crossmember mounts to get it to fit in the engine bay nicely and still leave room for the rad, Is it actually a 7M motor like the supra motor or something different? the 7M will fit in a 2nd gen engine bay, but it must be longer than a Rover V8, and these don't leave much room for the rad in MK2 pickup.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I really want to fit wot you had in your pick up . Rover V8 with autotrans with the Hilux transfer box . Will need to commision you to make up the tailshaft adaptor for the autobox . Chance to use your new lathe .

All along way off at mo , just dreaming

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                ....Is it actually a 7M motor like the supra motor... the 7M will fit in a 2nd gen engine bay
                OBVIOUS ANSWER = supra twin turbo lump!!!!!

traction issues could be interesting, but what a beast it would be!
                VW Taro (hilux single cab PU) - 31" rubber, H/D springs and shackles, LSD, 4 pot front callipers, 2.4 N/A Flymo engine..

Comment

I recall somebody was going to try this, but gave up on technical issues.

Anyone else remember?
                  I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
                    I recall somebody was going to try this, but gave up on technical issues.

Anyone else remember?
                    Yep , it was Bensonsnuts (Geoff) who tried but gave up as to much time needed and cost .

Comment

Working...
                    X