yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitting 2" overs, is shock replacement necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting 2" overs, is shock replacement necessary?

If I were to put a pair of 2 inch longer springs on the rear, would i need to replace the shock absorbers, providing they're in good condition?

And the same for the front if I raise the torsion bar front end.

My reasoning, I've seen 2" overs for the rear at 78quid a pair, a 2" full suspension lift kit inc shocks at 375, a big difference.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I fitted Landcruiser HD80 £44+vat rear springs, they gave my truck about a three inch lift and the original shocks were at the end of their travel even with the wieght of the truck on them. So I bought some procomp es3000 shocks, £33 each. everything is perfick now!

p.s. I haven't done the fronts yet so the back is a tad higher.
    Total cost for a three inch rear lift was £110.

p.p.s. I made my own panhard drop bracket, so that saved me £40.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 September 2005, 23:41.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Hi, I fitted Landcruiser HD80 £44+vat rear springs, they gave my truck about a three inch lift and the original shocks were at the end of their travel even with the wieght of the truck on them. So I bought some procomp es3000 shocks, £33 each. everything is perfick now!

p.s. I haven't done the fronts yet so the back is a tad higher.
      Total cost for a three inch rear lift was £110.

p.p.s. I made my own panhard drop bracket, so that saved me £40.
      Hi, Thanks.

Is a panhard drop bracket needed on a 3" drop then, I hadn't costed that in I must admit?

The Landcruiser springs, that's £44+vat for the pair, where from, Toyota?

£110 is a bargain including shocks.

Comment

Hi you'll find the shocks here..
        http://www.explorerprocomp.co.uk/aca...rs_ES3000.html

The springs here....
        http://www.milneroffroad.com/4x4.htm

I'm not sure where you can get the drop bracket from, but I think it's Explorer.

You don't have to have the Landcruiser springs, Milners do 2" longer surf ones, I just wanted to go higher!

This is what mine looks like now.....
        You can see the panhard rod in red, attached to the drop bracket on the right. The idea being is to keep the rod parallel to the rear axel and the truck body sitting squarely on the chassis,
        but you may be luckey and have an adjustable panhard rod, saves bying the drop bracket!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Still a cheap lift even factoring in the bracket. I'll have a look for one.

Comment

Working...
          X