Running My 3rd Gen on 33's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running My 3rd Gen on 33's

Well I had my 285/75/16 BFG A/T's fitted recently, and as Del has pointed out, pictures are a must, so here they be....

I've removed the front valance as they had a tendency to rub on it...

Look Jim, plenty of room for any spare LC BJ's you have knocking about...

Our communal neighbourhood lawnmower is still doing the rounds too! Busy chomping away, must be due back in our garden soon

So with a 2.5" lift and the valance trimmed, 33"'s would seem fine for road use on a 3rd Gen. Off-road may well be a different matter as I have yet to jack the corners up to check for any interference when greater articulation is called for, from reading over on yotatech, some pounding of the pinch welds in the front wheelwells will probably be required, a job for another day.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

It's looking good Maurice. Always nice to see how other peeps trucks are evolving.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Hehe - glad to see the lawnmower is still happy!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

looks good, seem to fill the arches more pleasingly than with a 4" lift (i know how obvious that sounds!) should be getting my 33's soon, as long as BA cough up with our bonus!
        Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Ah, thats better! Looks Good!
          Welcome to the club!
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
          [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
          X