Intercooler question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler question.

When our 12mth old baby boy stops eating ALL of my wages(20yrs+?) i`d like a intercooler on my 2.4, what i`d like to know is how do i work the cfm for the hilux? so i can size the intercooler accordingly.
    cheers ray

Originally posted by ssray
    When our 12mth old baby boy stops eating ALL of my wages(20yrs+?) i`d like a intercooler on my 2.4, what i`d like to know is how do i work the cfm for the hilux? so i can size the intercooler accordingly.
    cheers ray
    Buy a 3.0ltr - you'll get more power and torque, it will be cheaper and more reliable.

Kev

Comment

Originally posted by ssray
      cheers ray
      I'm intending to fit an intercooler at some point. My Surf's had a 2" body lift so fitting it should be much easier. My starting point would be to contact Alisport and see what they say.

Nevillef

Comment

Intercool it!
        Just completed mine this week, only took 2 days.
        Used Subaru WRX intercooler, post 98 model, which has twin inlets.
        Fits easy as with 2" bodylift. With higher boost (12psi max so not to trigger ECU warning) it REALLY wakes them up. I think it will be most noticeable when towing. Outlet temps from the turbo can easily exceed 110 deg C, so the 'cooler should make a significant difference.

Either WRX, Nissan R-33 GTS, or Series 4 Mazda RX-7 intercoolers are popular top mount options. Log onto www.toyotasurf.asn.au
        Click on the TECHSITE, PERFORMANCE tab, then INTERCOOLING.
        Shows the installations quite well.

Mine cost under AUD$600 all up (approx 200-250 pounds).

Comment

Did you have to have it remapped because of the increased air/fuel ratio?

Comment

I have an intercooler of one of my RX-7's in the garage (or is that shed?) if anyone needs one - just make me an offer.

Rgds

Ant
            1996 SSR-G 3.0 TD Intercooler
            Mazda Rotaries too!

Comment

Working...
            X