Cone filter? ya or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cone filter? ya or nay?

I have a 2.4td efi surf would a cone type filter, not just k+n but universall type make any diffrence, i`ve done the air box and turbo boost mod and would like some more of the same Also the efi bit of my engine is it self adjusting or not that clever?

I think the fuel pump is regulated by the position of the air flap on the intake, so it might not know the air is flowing free'er, so you may run a little lean (which will make it run better, and hotter, so not that good for it!, but you never know how much leeway Toyota built in to the motor for leaning out the mixture.) You may need to move the air flap sensor a little, so it thinks it is more open than it really is, this will supply more fuel for your faster flowing air.

The debate is whether any more air will make it past the air flap if its flowing faster, in theory it could, so you may get gains. But its got a long way to go, and though the turbo to spoil any airflow.

Mark the airflap gismo, so you can put it back, as it'll probably be a bugger to set up again from scratch.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
    X