Keep your aircon healthy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep your aircon healthy

Just a reminder to everyone to run the aircon once a week or so through the winter. Keeps the seals lubricated and hence keeps the expensive refrigerant in. Avoid disappointment on that first warm spring day.

If its a really damp morning and your screen won't clear, running the aircon with the heater on full will do it in no time as it dries the air as well as cooling it.

And finally apologies to all of you who knew this anyway.

Cheers

Kev

Good tip

Cheers for that info I had heard something along those lines and you have just confirmed it for me

Comment

Originally posted by exmee46
      Keeps the seals lubricated and hence keeps the expensive refrigerant in.
      Isn't it amazing how the price for re-charging your air con has shot up now we have to use "OZONE" friendly stuff.

More cars with air con more easy money to be made...................air con in this country.........never really seen the point apart from on cold mornings to clear the screen quicker..............we all used to get by without it in the 80's by pointing the blower to the blue bit on the scale...........must be something to do with this global warming bull...............can't say i've noticed it any warmer here in the sub-artic north.

Good advice about running it regular tho.

Comment

Working...
      X