X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel filter change

OK, how do you do it?
    What about the thingy at bottom?
    Do you just unscrew it or does it need drained first?

Go on please tell

Ronnie

Unplug the wire, unscrew the whole thing from the metal mounting bracket, empty it out, then remove drainer at the bottem and put it in your new filter. Once you have a new filter in your hands, it odvious. Quite often, the filter is really tight, you'll need to remove the whole fitting from the car and get it in a vise.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony, easy when you know how.

Comment

I had to do exactly that - take the bracket offf the bulkhead, hold it tight (vice would be best, but my knees did the job), turn the filter. I had no filter wrench, so I rammed an old screwdriver through it to get a turn on it. I tightened the new filter on as hard as I could by hand. Don't forget to prime the new filter with the spring-down cap thing on top - I pumped mine about 20 times (oooer).

Mark
        :

Comment

or take the opportunity to fill it first before screwing it in, with injector cleaner...

Then you can pump away to your hearts content...

andyL

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            Unplug the wire, unscrew the whole thing from the metal mounting bracket, empty it out, then remove drainer at the bottem and put it in your new filter. Once you have a new filter in your hands, it odvious. Quite often, the filter is really tight, you'll need to remove the whole fitting from the car and get it in a vise.
            Or put a large jubilee clip round it and tap it round with a hammer and screwdriver.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by whitespider
              OK, how do you do it?
              What about the thingy at bottom?
              Do you just unscrew it or does it need drained first?

Go on please tell

Ronnie
              Heres a piccy
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Working...
              X