yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That noise behind the dash when cold ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That noise behind the dash when cold ....

Anyone else get a rattling/buzzing noise behind the dash when cold? - goes away when you put the heater lever on full hot. Goes away quite quickly completely as the engine warms up.

Well, I found out what it is - and how to fix it.

Its the heater temperature control cable - comes out towards the right then loops around and goes into the heater/vent works from the passenger footwell above the transmission tunnel, and thats where the noise comes from.

To fix? - take off the lower dash above the transmision tunnel up to but not including the radio surround and you should be able to see the cable going into the works. Not quite sure where the problem originates, but I just gave the whole area a good dowsing in silicone spray and - hey - the noise has gone.

Cheers

Kev

P.S. Now all I have left to find is the wind whistle around 20mph that sounds like there is a hole in the lower screen rubber (but there isnt)....

Thank you!!! I have just started to get this problem in the last couple of weeks, except the noise on mine doesn't go when the truck heats up. It has been driving me bonkers. I emptied the glove compartment, all the map pockets, even took my shades out of the cubby hole. I even thought a car parking ticket had fallen down one of the vents, except that it doesn't go when the heater is switched off. Am I right in saying it sounds like it is coming from the dead centre of the dash?
    I'll be under the dash tomorrow.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Yes - seems to be from the centre. If its the same thing, it will alter when you move the temp slider. I think its the outside of the cable against some of the plastic mouldings

Cheers

Kev

Comment

Working...
      X