Speedo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo not working

I have a 1992 SSR-x 2.4TD, Last week when we had the teriable rain down in devon my speedo stopped working and my O/D OFF light started flashing slowly. after investigation underneath checking plugs and driving about 4 miles it started working and the O/D OFF stopped flashing. After that when i drove home it was fine, the next day it did the same, on friday it stopped working completely, but the O/D Off did not flash. Today it was working when i left home but it stopped for about 5 minutes and then again just outside exeter it stopped working again. any idea's. i phoned toyota in taunton and they told me to check the connection to the back of the gearbox. so did and sprayed with electrical sitch cleaner and refitted with a cote of damp proof spray for dizzys.

Any help would be appreciated as cant see any reference to this in the haynes manual, or what the flashing light means. Taunton told me to leave the O/D switch off and drive for 100 - 200 miles to see if it fixed it! not much help really.

Originally posted by westfield
    I have a 1992 SSR-x 2.4TD, Last week when we had the teriable rain down in devon my speedo stopped working and my O/D OFF light started flashing slowly. after investigation underneath checking plugs and driving about 4 miles it started working and the O/D OFF stopped flashing. After that when i drove home it was fine, the next day it did the same, on friday it stopped working completely, but the O/D Off did not flash. Today it was working when i left home but it stopped for about 5 minutes and then again just outside exeter it stopped working again. any idea's. i phoned toyota in taunton and they told me to check the connection to the back of the gearbox. so did and sprayed with electrical sitch cleaner and refitted with a cote of damp proof spray for dizzys.

Any help would be appreciated as cant see any reference to this in the haynes manual, or what the flashing light means. Taunton told me to leave the O/D switch off and drive for 100 - 200 miles to see if it fixed it! not much help really.
    Not 100% sure but sounds like a connection on the box, check all connections.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Working...
    X