Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension help needed.

Hi Guys,

Recently fitted rear coil springs 20% stronger, from Milners. Frone was still bouncy, so fitted front non adjustables gas shocks from milners, but basically not much difference, still bouncy!.. Front height from under arch to centre of hub is 460mm The rear height is 540mm measuring the same from under arch to hub centre. Would appreciate some advice and where to go next.

Thanks.

Jamie

Sounds like you need 2 9000 grade rear shocks to settle it down, Procomp ES9000 are widely used. Then theres stronger torsion bars available for the front but not many seem to go to that expense.

I've done none of what you've done so cant speak from experience. That said when I can afford it I'm gonna go for stiff ES9000's (or similar) all round and get the rear springs back to 1.5" over where they should be by fitting 2 lift coils from LA Supertrux.
    Last edited by JimL; 30 October 2004, 20:17.

Comment

If the front is bouncy it sounds more like front shocks to me. My rear springs were well and truely knacked but the front wasn't bouncy. I used to have a Nissan van with bad shocks and that used to "Dolphin" after hitting a bump. One bump and multiple bounces.

The most "fun" and also frightening journey I ever had was in a MK2 transit. I would get to 50MPH and it was all over the road. I didn't know why until I got home. Someone had stolen my front (Monroe) shocks during the night. They had only been fitted two weeks before!
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

suspension problems

Have replaced the front shockers with milners non adjustable shocks. car drives o.k. even at 80mph. when going up to 30ish seems to bounce on the front. Quite a difference in ride height front and rear. Been advised off Milners to adjust the front torsion bars, will this help? The adjustables I took off were hitting the stops now and then and the new shockers do the same. Will adjusting torsion bars help or what else can I do. Where and how if need be I have to adjust torsion bars, where are they or is it agarage job.

Cheers,

Jamie

Comment

I am by no means an expert, but from what I undersatand about IFS, the torsion bars do the job that leaf springs would have done on a solid axle truck. It may be worth adjusting the torsion bars but only if the front of the truck is visibly lower than the back. Uprated torsion bars are available for Surfs/4Runners.
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X