Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo fault

Hi All,
    This is my first post as a 'newbie' surfer. The grin has been bolted on for nearly a week, however I seem to have an intermittent fault with the speedo and it stops working for short periods of time. It appears to be a loose connection but I have no idea of where to look. In order to avoid a lenghty visit to a disinterested dealer does anyone have any info?

Whilst posting I would like to thank everyone for all the info on this site.

Regards

Kevin

Originally posted by kevbarry
    Hi All,
    This is my first post as a 'newbie' surfer. The grin has been bolted on for nearly a week, however I seem to have an intermittent fault with the speedo and it stops working for short periods of time. It appears to be a loose connection but I have no idea of where to look. In order to avoid a lenghty visit to a disinterested dealer does anyone have any info?

Whilst posting I would like to thank everyone for all the info on this site.

Regards

Kevin
    Kevin.

You are probably correct. The connections in the electronic speedo are known to become loose with vibration after some time. You need to get the instrument cluster out and look at the back of the speedo - there are two small braided wires going into the speedo you may find that one of them is loose. If it hasn't come completely disconnected you may get away with it with a blob of solder using a very small soldering iron. If not then it is a replacement speedo. If you can't get a used one from HILUX or Streetluge Chris then a new one will be required. They are £120 from Toyota so prepare the wallet for the shock.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X