squeek piggy squeek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeek piggy squeek

my rear wheel carrier is sqeeking lots and its annoying me. from what I can see its because the top rubber is not resting on the tailgate and the bottom one is allowing the movement and hence the squeek. The bolt that attatched the rubber mount is already fully unwound so any ideas?
    I'll prob get some washers tomorrow and pack it out with that to see what happens - also where is the nearest place to cut into dash illuminated lighting (for my boost gauge) which is in the bottom right of my windscreen? How do i tell what wire is what can i buy a tester (whats the technical term so I dont sound a prat?)

breathe....

thanks as always
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Cann't help you with which wire but what you need for doing any electrical work is a multimeter - get one that has a continuity tester, it will be usefull for all sorts of jobs. You can get one from most auto electrical places or the likes of halfords, maplin, rs components etc.

You would only need a low wattage 12V bulb and two lengths of wire to do this though. Either use a bulb holder or solder the wires onto the bulb, attach one end to ground/earth and put the other end on the terminal or bare wire and see if the light comes on.

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

If it is the same as the drawing that I have then there should be green wires under the dash which are live with the side lights.

Rich.
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
      X