Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear springs/bump stops

Got home from towing trailer last night,
    It was empty, having taken 1.5 tonnes wood upto cottage.
    I was unhitching it from 4runner, and noticed that the 4runner was sagging at back. I looked under, and the rubber bumps, within the rear coil springs were resting on the base plate of coil springs,
    when I unhitched the trailer, the rubber bumps moved about 1/2- 3/4 inch clear of base plate,
    is this normal when towing?
    guess it wont make the suspension at back very smooth,
    any jolting i felt i thought it was the trailer, as that weighs 3/4-1 tonne empty.

andrew
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Originally posted by andycook
    Got home from towing trailer last night,
    It was empty, having taken 1.5 tonnes wood upto cottage.
    I was unhitching it from 4runner, and noticed that the 4runner was sagging at back. I looked under, and the rubber bumps, within the rear coil springs were resting on the base plate of coil springs,
    when I unhitched the trailer, the rubber bumps moved about 1/2- 3/4 inch clear of base plate,
    is this normal when towing?
    guess it wont make the suspension at back very smooth,
    any jolting i felt i thought it was the trailer, as that weighs 3/4-1 tonne empty.

andrew

Sounds like another saggy backside syndrome....in fact mine is like this a the moment and is about to have new spings bought from milners.....the surf/4runner tends to have this syndrome develop over time...do searches and you'll see
    Gaz

Comment

Working...
    X