Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD Rebuild

Morning All,

The LSD on my Gen 2 Surf seems to have given/is giving up and not distributing torque evenly across the axle.

I've used the correct hypoid gear oil in it (with a friction modifier as it used to bind on tight corners without it.)

I have seen endless bearing kits for the rear axle, but so far no kits to rebuild the clutch packs or friction material inside the diff.

Does anyone have any info on rebuilding these?, who the manufacturer was (Torsen seems to come up a few times...), or know anyone that refurbishes LSDs (in the UK), not had any luck so far with the places I've called.

Cheers!

Will.

i've never seen lsd rebuild kits. typically you just take it to a diff shop and they replace the worn plates. odds are its a toyota clutch type lsd.
    another option is to replace it with a torsen lsd.

well worth refreshing the whole diff (ie new bearings).
    you can get master rebuild kits for those diffs. if you have the tools you could do it yourself.

Comment

As above.

I replaced the Diff units in my (3rd gen) with Trutrac LSDs.. which are "sort of Torsen ish" but work very well.

I had to get them shipped from the states (with a rebuild kit) so it wasn't cheap, but I'd definitely recommend them. (Front one was probably overkill)
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

I'm following this thread as I also have trouble with my LSD in my 3rd gen. I get the odd jolt from the rear end on tight corners, a rebuild litnwould be goodnbut O'Connor found anything.
        karma Supra dare I ask how much the rear duff kit was?

Comment

I'm following this thread as I also have trouble with my LSD in my 3rd gen. I get the odd jolt from the rear end on tight corners, a rebuild litnwould be goodnbut O'Connor found anything.
          karma Supra dare I ask how much the rear diff kit was?

Comment

I used to get my diff binding too, would be really bad after driving fast and straight the turning, at a t-junction for example, I used to friction modifier and that did the trick. Got it from Torco.

But, fact still remains, I think my diff has had it, and the only option I've seen so far is a new centre

Comment

Working...
            X