Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removal of nearside wing

hi all

just need some advice, i need to get at the electric ariel to change.
    now i dont yet have a manual so i am hoping the site can help.
    can you give me step by step on removal of the wing, or can i get at it with out having to take off the wing, please advise?

civic

Sorry for not seeing your question earlier and me hangin round all day not like all those devilspitters, anyway presuming my '91 2nd gen is similar to whatever you have, u dont need to remove the wing at all.
    Have a look inside the wheel arch and see the plastic cover which is bolted onto the top inside of the archspace and onto the fender too. Theres 5 or so 10mm bolts to remove. Also u will be removing the mudflap coz the same bolts hold it and the cover (if i remember correctly).
    I found I cant actually get the cover off altogether though coz at both extreme ends of it are two boltless clips that hold it to the frame and pull like a lunatic as I did they would pop so not wanting to break them I pushed the cover twd the inside of the wheel arch and it pivoted the cover on these.
    Anyway with the cover out of the way you can see the aerial up to the top right. On top outside theres a funny style nut holding my MANUAL aerial in place and after a dose of WD40 I shifted it with a pliers and the aerial drop down inside the panel straight away. I just did this an hour ago and still havent figured out how to get the jack out from inside the car coz I pulled and it doesnt seem to want to come.

Comment

Jim you talking about the bottle jack under the back seat, let it down, its put in then pumped up (expanded with the hole knob thing) to keep it in nice and tight
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

no Nigel but I didnt know that either so thanks. What I meant was the aerial cable with the jack at the other end of it what sticks into the back of your radio...

Comment

From what I remember it's fitted with a grommet on the inner wing waaaay up behind the glovebox. It's a PITA to remove. Just unplug from the stereo and check that its not clipped/taped behind the g/box and push the grommet out from inside.

Oh, and replace the electric antenna with a whip style one, save yourself the hassle of fixing broken masts later...

Comment

Working...
          X