Kzn 185 Power Steering problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kzn 185 Power Steering problem

Hi guys I've been following the forum for a while using it to gain knowledge on my 1996 Hilux Ssr-g. I've owned the car for just over a year and never had a problem with it, my dad owned it for the previous ten years from having it imported, also with no problems.
    Anyhow, recently I've noticed when cold starting the power steering is a little slow to kick in. I've checked the fluid and topped up to the relevant notch either cold or hot. It hasn't really made a difference so I was wondering if the pump was on its way out or if there is another problem I should be aware of.

Also if the pump is on it's way out does anyone have any advice/videos/pictures of how to change the pump. I'm fairly mechanicly minded, but a few tips and tricks here and there wouldn't go a miss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

What was your fluid like? I just checked mine and it's brown, suggesting a flush is more than due and pump damage is a remote possibility. Could just be gunk causing the pump vanes to stick. Id start with a flush - ATf is cheap and if it doesn't work it's going to need a new pump anyway!

You sure it's not belt slip (not sure if that's possible on these cars) - had that on other cars, as belt warmed up it stopped slipping.

Comment

Working...
    X