New bronze bushes issue??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bronze bushes issue??

Ok so I've had a set of bronze bushes in my garage for a few months which I got from rough trax and decided today to change them out as it's been clanking over bumps for ages now
    Done the drivers side inner and outer with no issues but came to do the passenger side and the new outer bush diameter is too small as in it just fell in the hub without no need to tap in so I ended up just refitting the old bush as It was carefully removed with a three way puller so no damage and it was the inner one that was the culprit anyway
    Just wondered if anyone has come across this before?? or if it has just been machined wrong as the other one was fine and both had the same part numbers?
    Gonna ring rough trax tomorrow and let them know
    On the plus side the clanking has gone now and I'm not fussed about changing the outer now again lol 😁
    Go Hard Or Go Home

So I just checked the diameter of the old o/s outer bush and the new one is definitely smaller so I must just be unlucky
    Pics below of the old knackered inner bushes and the old outer and new culprit!!
    Attached Files
    Go Hard Or Go Home

Comment

You Have me worried! LOLS

MMMmm Im about 2 weeks away from doing a total front suspension overhaul,and this job is on the list! Im now sweating! I bought my bushes about 8 months ago so i hope to god they are correct! How did you get on in the end?
      I my self have bought other things before which have turned out to be wrong when I've come to fit them.Sometimes it doesn't pay to mothball parts unless you know 100 percent what your buying.

Comment

Working...
      X