Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension

So yesterday was the Surfs first venture off road with a trip down the Wayfarer in North Wales, it did well in the company of a Defender 90 and a swb Pajero, however it has brought to light a slight problem, the rough trax +2" suspension kit while OK on road is very stiff while green laning, it's more like a series leaf sprung land rover on the rough stuff and a ride in the pajero was like being in a new Jag over the bumps.
    So the question is. . . How the hell can I soften it up while maintaining the +2"?
    I also noticed a lack of rear axle articulation that saw us stuck with a rear wheel in the air, I suppose some of this is due to the hard spring rate but could this be improved by removing (is it legal?) or fitting a dislocate kit to the rear anti roll bar?
    Apart from the above problems it didn't miss a beat and the tail gate is a bonus for brewing up!
    Any help greatly appreciated.

You can take the ARB off completely without too much hassle other than some extra body roll on the tarmac when cornering.

If it's not fitted they can't fail it at mot time ☺

Comment

Thanks, I've now taken it off and it's improved rear articulation. Only got stuck once at parkwood on Sunday!

Comment

Working...
      X