Starter Motor - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Motor - Fixed!

Just wanted to say thanks to the many people who've posted guides to repairing starter motors. Mine had developed the seemingly common fault and the numerous posts that have appeared here over the years gave me the confidence to tackle the job.

I don't have much to add in the way of advice. I bought the repair kit from Roughtrax for about £60. Getting the starter motor out of the car was the hardest bit. The nuts on mine were ridiculously tight, I managed to get the lower one loose easily enough, but the upper one almost beat me.

Once the motor was out, repairing it was fairly simple, although there was a piece of paper insulation in the kit that stumped me. The only reference I could find in the forums was in an old post where somebody mentioned just putting it in the same place as the old one. Unfortunately, my starter motor didn't have one in when I disassembled it, God only know where it was supposed to go!

Putting the starter motor back in was a doddle, only took 5 minutes. Problem (supposedly) fixed and a healthy dose of satisfaction to me.

Cheers.
Working...
X