3rd Gen Surf and Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen Surf and Colorado

I purchased a towbar kit from Towsure that was described as a kit for a SWB Colorado. The guy on the phone said it would fit the KZN185 as the chassis were the same. And yes it does fit, a bit tight when winding the spare up (needs a kick to get it in).

The reason I ask is i'm after a front bullbar for the surf and was wondering if the front mounts were the same. Loads of bullbar stockists sell bars for the Colorado, but not the KZN185.

Anyone had a non-surf bullbar fitted to a KZN185.
    I want a full wrap around granny bouncer, not an A-bar.

Cheers

Jon

Originally posted by jonnyhicks
    I purchased a towbar kit from Towsure that was described as a kit for a SWB Colorado. The guy on the phone said it would fit the KZN185 as the chassis were the same. And yes it does fit, a bit tight when winding the spare up (needs a kick to get it in).

The reason I ask is i'm after a front bullbar for the surf and was wondering if the front mounts were the same. Loads of bullbar stockists sell bars for the Colorado, but not the KZN185.

Anyone had a non-surf bullbar fitted to a KZN185.
    I want a full wrap around granny bouncer, not an A-bar.

Cheers

Jon
    Jon.

I think someone on here (Might have been Morr) fitted a Prado/Colorado bar to the front of his 3rd Gen.

Sorry Morr if it wasn't you.

Anything can be modified within reasons if the dimensions are similar if you or a mate are handy with a welder.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
      Jon.

I think someone on here (Might have been Morr) fitted a Prado/Colorado bar to the front of his 3rd Gen.

Sorry Morr if it wasn't you.

Anything can be modified within reasons if the dimensions are similar if you or a mate are handy with a welder.

Cheers
      Nah wasn't me, fitted a prado towbar, but thats hardly unusual
      Think you got the country right tho, as I'm fairly sure it was Ciaran (Cmar) who did this .... at least I think so ......
      Maurice
      Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
        Nah wasn't me, fitted a prado towbar, but thats hardly unusual
        Think you got the country right tho, as I'm fairly sure it was Ciaran (Cmar) who did this .... at least I think so ......
        I think you are right. Think it was Ciaran now I come to think about it.

Cheers M8

Comment

Working...
        X