Tail gate stuck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail gate stuck!

Help!, I've searched the site and can't find anyone who's encountered this problem. My back window goes up and down but it no longer unlocks the tailgate. My poor doggie who uses the back as a means of transportation from our house to the walk is feeling a bit miffed at not being able to travel there in SURF style as we are having to use my fiance's XR2! Does anyone out there know how to unlock the tailgate with whilst the window is up? Is there a secret button somewhere? I've checked that the door lock button on the armrest is up etc.
    The Car Behind Is Just Me Chillin' In The Surf!

Tail gate locking

Hi matey.
    With the window down you should be able to unlock the tail gate
    manualy,when you raise the window it should lock the back door
    as it is not designed to be opened with the window in the up
    possition.
    Hope that helps Cheers Chris
    GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Lowering the back window shouldn't unlock the tailgate - this can only be done manually by lifting the button inside. Sometimes what you find is that when you raise the window the button sticks and the tailgate doesn't lock. It's a simple job to remove the carpet board and cover panel to grease things - best done from inside with the tailgate closed and window up.
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Rear door/window

Originally posted by bigmate
        Help!, I've searched the site and can't find anyone who's encountered this problem. My back window goes up and down but it no longer unlocks the tailgate. My poor doggie who uses the back as a means of transportation from our house to the walk is feeling a bit miffed at not being able to travel there in SURF style as we are having to use my fiance's XR2! Does anyone out there know how to unlock the tailgate with whilst the window is up? Is there a secret button somewhere? I've checked that the door lock button on the armrest is up etc.

Have a look here, might help you.
        http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Cheerz, Vince.

Comment

Working...
        X