Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration under acceleration

1993 2.4 LN130

2WD: Sometime ago I replaced the main propshaft UJ's as one had broken up making the vehicle undriveable. Since then I've had a noticeable (it may have been present at the same time but not noticed due to main prop vibration) vibration between 50 - 60mph which is only present under acceleration - disappears on the overrun. From the frequency of the vibration I'd say it's faster than wheel speed and more like prop speed and appears to affect whole car rather than just steering.

Double checked to make sure main prop was re-assembled in phase.

I can feel some play (not sure quite where yet - certainly some in the splines) in the front propshaft, but I assume this isn't spinning in 2WD?

Any thoughts?

Jonathan

Morning,

Did the prop go back together in the same place it came off (same bolts through the same holes)? and are any balancing weights still in place?

Front prop isn't moving in 2 wheel drive.

Comment

I may be wrong but the front prop still moves in 2 wheel drive because it's driven by the wheels going round unless you have free wheeling hubs fitted, so don't rule it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
        I may be wrong but the front prop still moves in 2 wheel drive because it's driven by the wheels going round unless you have free wheeling hubs fitted, so don't rule it out.
        That would rather defeat the point of ADD...I'll have to look it up now!

Comment

I wouldn't have kept same bolts in same holes with same nuts....possibly if it was a sports car I might have. But very careful to keep flanges and splines aligned and in their original asssembly orientation.

I do wonder whether I've got a distorted yolk, but will also check there's no obvious signs of missing weights.

Comment

Working...
          X