Kz130 automatic diesel engine cranks no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kz130 automatic diesel engine cranks no start

My 1994 automatic surf diesel car had a problem of low power in december 2014. The mechanic diagnosed it as diesel injector pump failure, so we removed the pump and took it for service. The service company reported that it had a dammaged head and rotor, so i bought new parts, and pump was fixed. The mechanic put injector pump back on car, but it was leaking plus hard crank, so i phoned the guys who had serviced the pump, who told me to drive the car to them. I drove the car to them, they stoped the leaking but car still had hard crank, of which they said they suspected that the engine was off timing, so they requested me to leave the car so that they check the timing. After a week they phoned me saying the timing was ok and the electricals were ok, so they had to remove the pump and re-do it, so i agreed and the car was fine. A test drive was done by them, and thereafter by me, we agreed that the car was now fine. I drove the car home, which is 200km away, when i was left with 30km to get home, i heard a sound of something knocking in the engine, so i stopped to check but i could not see anything, so i drove slowly the last 30km home. The following day i asked my mechanic to check what was causing the sound, so we discovered that the gear that hods the balance shaft had come off, i informed the guys who had serviced the pump but they refused to take responsibility. I had to look for the gear and fix the car on my own, but now the problem is the car is starting when i turn and hold the key, when i release the key it stops running. I have asked someone with a diagnosi machine to check the problem, but now OBD2 is not communicating with ECU. I dont know what to do now, kindly help please.
Working...
X