How to achieved a quality 3" suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieved a quality 3" suspension lift

Guys I'm planning on a trip around the Alps this summer and slowly prepping my 2nd gen 3.0 auto.
    I am Looking to get a susp lift but DONT want a body lift as its a daily driver and I don't think it will be to comfy travelling 3000 miles. So I was looking at the 2" kit on roughtrax and found out it is closer to 1- 1 half inches lift which is not enough as I am planning on some 32" tires ( currently have 31" ) .
    Guys how do I go about getting 3" of suspension lift . What ever I get it needs to be done properly as I will be doing an awful lot of driving so need to keep the cv angles as close to normal as possible and I want it to drive/ corner comfortably and perform well.
    I was looking at 4"kits from the states but it works out £850 delivered but that is without UPRATED torsion bars ( I will have a steel winch bumper/winch so I think I will need them.
    So all suggestions is much needed and appreciated

Thanks

Hi Scuba, why do you want a 3" suspension lift to drive around the Alps?
    Cheers

Comment

Alps in the summer Norway in the autum so I am prepping now Alps is kinda a dry run see how it goes how the truck behaves and if I need anything else. Extra clearance for bigger tires as I do not want a body lift 2" would suffice however the kits out their are not a true 2" lift.

Comment

They sound like two very good trips.
        My advice would be to avoid the lift and the bigger tyres. You are going to cover a lot of miles, on some of the best quality roads in the world.
        For ride quality you cannot beat the standard set up. Maybe get some RT springs if the rear is sagging.
        Give priority to comfort and ride rather than clearance and big tyres.

Cheers

Comment

Cheers tash
          I see what you are saying however the wife's parents live in Norway and although 50% of the roads are Tarmac a lot of them aee not and he snow can be quite bad most of the locals are running 33" tires however I do not want 12.5 wide tires as like you said a lot of miles will be drive , suspention will be for the added weight and some for clearance should I get bigger tires in the future but I am not sure what to get suspension wise.

Comment

Ive got a 2" body lift. 32 11.50 15 tyres, new springs in rear and slightly wound torsion bars ( free wheeling hubs coming soon ) In all the truck is still comfortable and handles just the same. It's high enough for most terrains including deep mud and didn't cost the earth to accomplish.

You could do a 1" body lift ( real easy ) and say a 2" suspension lift, could do that with spring spacers and ball joint spacers up front. Unless your doing serious off roading then you don't need to go crazy with suspension.

Even a good set of standard tyres will make all the difference, my old Forester was unstoppable on AT's ( ok it did get stuck once but it was fully submerged in water 😳 )

Comment

Working...
            X