Air con filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con filter?

Hi removed the lower panel today to replace the stereo and found a filter unit on the passanger side, clear plastic with nippon denso printed on it and what looks like an air filter inside, it is also very dirty and ther appears to be a flap which moves , i have cleaned as much as possible, any replies would be appreciated.

Originally posted by markmobile
    Hi removed the lower panel today to replace the stereo and found a filter unit on the passanger side, clear plastic with nippon denso printed on it and what looks like an air filter inside, it is also very dirty and ther appears to be a flap which moves , i have cleaned as much as possible, any replies would be appreciated.
    Sounds like a pollen filter to me but I do not know if Surfs have them .If you update yor vehicle spec in your profile someone may be able to confirm if your model/year does .

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

It's probably the inlet for the aircon/heater recirculating inlet. If you put the air to reciculate and put the fan on high you should see the flap open and then start blowing air out of the centre vents.
      Mike G

Comment

Agree with tallyman. I found it and thought i'd discovered that 3rd gens have filters but it was not to be. Don't know why it gets so dirty because it appeared to be just a piece of foam stuck to some plastic - didn't see any holes in it.

Comment

Working...
        X