tick, tick, tick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick, tick, tick

Hi, I've had my Surf for a few weeks now and gave it a good test recently - towing up hills, long runs etc., no probs but I have now noticed a ticking noise that is coming from behind the speedo. It ticks faster as I drive faster (sounds like a stone in the tyre but I've checked this out). Tried to ignore it at first but now my passengers have noticed so better try and sort it. Any suggestions? Also, a friend says he is getting a 3.5ltr Surf - is there a 3.5?
    Last edited by jax; 16 September 2004, 19:19.

Originally posted by jax
    Hi, I've had my Surf for a few weeks now and gave it a good test recently - towing up hills, long runs etc., no probs but I have now noticed a ticking noise that is coming from behind the speedo. It ticks faster as I drive faster (sounds like a stone in the tyre but I've checked this out). Tried to ignore it at first but now my passengers have noticed so better try and sort it. Any suggestions? Also, a friend says he is getting a 3.5ltr Surf - is there a 3.5?
    May be the speedo cable, roll along in Neutral and see if it still makes a noise.

And, there was a never a 3.5, 96'-on the Yanks had a 3.4 V6 petrol motor, which is sweet, but I've never seen a Jap import Surf with one in yet.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by jax

I had a ticking sound from around my speedo took me a while to find it was my trip meter,when i last filled up and zero'd it the dials were just enough out of line to let it slip, which was the ticking sound,repressed it and job sorted.

Comment

Thanks for replies guys. I tried the trip meter and no joy. Rolled along in neutral and it was still ticking. Took the facia bit off and wiggled the cables and......silence! Don't know what I did but it worked. I didn't think there was a 3.5ltr, better tell friend quick.
        Last edited by jax; 17 September 2004, 16:28.

Comment

Working...
        X