KZN130 Timing/Cambelt change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 Timing/Cambelt change?

I'm just wondering when it needs changing? It's not been done in over 9 years so I'm going to get it done asap. I've tried viewing the service schedule at the bottom of the forum but it's unable to open the page

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by DanMaytee View Post
    I'm just wondering when it needs changing? It's not been done in over 9 years so I'm going to get it done asap. I've tried viewing the service schedule at the bottom of the forum but it's unable to open the page

Thanks in advance
    Its due on time or mileage which ever comes first. Either way after 9 years your due a belt change asap

Comment

Use the "search" top of page.

Lots of info,pics, etc,

Look at Roughtrax web page, parts supplier.

Type in your vehicle details & search cam belt.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will get it changed after Christmas, fingers crossed it will be ok until then. I've found a few guides and other info but unfortunately after a search on the forum and Google I couldn't find the proper time intervals to have it changed.

Found the kit for £60 for an aftermarket or £100 for a genuine on Roughtrax so will buy it from there and get it booked in at the local garage to get it fitted. Would the aftermarket one be ok or shall I get a genuine one? Money is quite tight at the moment so trying to save money where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
          Use the "search" top of page.

Lots of info,pics, etc,

Look at Roughtrax web page, parts supplier.

Type in your vehicle details & search cam belt.
          3.0TD Belt change is relatively easy and can be done in less than one hour with no special tools. Consider changing the water pump at the same time.

Belt wise when I had the land cruiser changed I used genuine toyota belt & pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
            3.0TD Belt change is relatively easy and can be done in less than one hour with no special tools. Consider changing the water pump at the same time.

Belt wise when I had the land cruiser changed I used genuine toyota belt & pump.
            I was tempted to try it myself but it's not something I'd trust myself with. I've found this one on Roughtrax http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=613&vid=1907. Anyone ever used one of these belts? I believe at the moment it actually has a Mitsuboshi belt on it.

Comment

Belt

I was tempted to try it myself but it's not something I'd trust myself with. I've found this one on Roughtrax http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=613&vid=1907. Anyone ever used one of these belts? I believe at the moment it actually has a Mitsuboshi belt on it.
              Think Mitsuboshi is the cheap budget brand Milner stock. For the price difference I would be tempted to go Genuine/Gates/Dayco. Genuine belt is around £30 from the main dealer.

Comment

Think Mitsuboshi is the cheap budget brand Milner stock. For the price difference I would be tempted to go Genuine/Gates/Dayco. Genuine belt is around £30 from the main dealer.
                On the link from Roughtrax I posted it says the belt will either be a Dayco/Mitsuboshi. Think I'm tempted to go for the full genuine kit they have here for £100 just for piece of mind http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=613&vid=1400

Comment

Hmm, "cheap budget brand", eh? Still, it has lasted 9 years, so far, so not bad for a 'cheapie'....

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
                    Hmm, "cheap budget brand", eh? Still, it has lasted 9 years, so far, so not bad for a 'cheapie'....
                    Hopefully it will last another month haha .

Comment

Hopefully it will last another month haha .
                      Fingers crossed!!

Comment

Working...
                      X