yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toyota hilux 1996 surf dash light say check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toyota hilux 1996 surf dash light say check?

hi everyone! i am a new use and wishing everyone a merry xmas.
    i have a problem with my 4x4. i have never had one before, but a light has come on. it says CHECK? with a symble. they engine died and would not go any faster.
    i knocked it in to nutrial and it came off. put it back in to drive and nothing happend after.
    i hust wanted to know what this is, and i can be ready when it come's on again.
    thank you and hope you can help

You firstly need to do a diagnostics check. An error code should be logged, which MAY tell you what transpired. If you do not have the correct tool for this, ask someone on here who may assist, or take it to an auto-sparkie who will do it for you. That is a start. Record the error code and ask on here again, as what the sparkie tells you and what may actually be at fault could be worth considerable beers to you. Good luck.

Comment

Ian if you do a search on here for Diagnostic Codes it will tell you whats what and all you need is a paperclip to get the codes up.On the diagnostic box under the bonnet its something like crossing TE1 with E1 with the paperclip but check on here first to make sure
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Hmm, Stormforce, you may be correct, but I thought 1996 KZN185 vehicles had an OBII diagnostic port fitted.

Comment

Your right,i never noticed its a 3rd gen he has got
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by yorta2 View Post
            Hmm, Stormforce, you may be correct, but I thought 1996 KZN185 vehicles had an OBII diagnostic port fitted.
            Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            Your right,i never noticed its a 3rd gen he has got
            Either method will work on the 3rd gen.

Sounds like a fuel pump problem.

Comment

hi and thanks

i was laying in bed think of what it could be?
              then it hit me i had a musso which had a simlar problem. i changed they diesil filter and had not noticed the fuel level was low?
              it had been sucking in air from some where so the next day i went on they hunt to see if i could find it cleaned the fuel electrics. which had muck in. i pushed and pulled on all pipes to see if and was lose but every think was ok. primed the fuel fillter and left it running and low and behold it had gone?
              was going in today to have a machine on it. saved me £60. thanks for all they advice.
              Last edited by IAN KESTLE; 8 December 2014, 19:26.

Comment

Working...
              X