No announcement yet.

Transfer case motor - rebuild/re-timing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BeratE - as you'll gather, it's potentially a very frustrating thing to have to do, but if you exhaust all the other options with limit switches you can get to easily, it can be done. Just get ready for a struggle, and don't do what I did and go in here first!

Comment

Still not sorted yet and as I've now replaced the complete transfer box from a believed good truck I'm beginning to think my fault lies else where. At least since transfer replaced 4x4 lights are no longer flashing in 2wd. Any thoughts anybody?

Comment

Finally fixed it! Found a brittle and broken wire on the link loom to front diff switch and thought I had it, I was disappointed when that didn't fix but next I opened up 4wd ECU to find a burned out track which I soldered a wire in to bridge and all seems good.

Thanks for the help

Comment

smurf77, do you have a transfer box actuator assm for a 3rd gen for sale?
          I think I have narrowed my 'non 4wd' problem down to that.
          Can you let me know on my email riperkes@gmail.com.
          Cheers
          wightsurf

Comment

Hi, I have read many threads about this problem but cant find one relating to my problem. That is I am unable to remover the cog which moves the transfer box engagement rod thing. You know the one behind the plate with the tree 8mm bolts in the transfer motor. Mine seems to be stuck due to tension from the actuator motor.
            Any ideas on its removal would be wonderful.
            regards and thanks in advance.

Comment

Big flat head screwdriver
              Gently lever the screwdriver against the casing and the actuator rod this will remover tension to allow you to remove the cog.
              A small tweak should be enough.

It is very much worth marking the position of everything before pulling it all apart.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
              X