• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby has died

Hi
    I have 3L diesel turbo 1992 .
    Yesterday she came to a sudden stop.
    There was some smoke on the passenger side of the engine and some the cabin.
    She is turning over fine the engine oil good and transmission oil, at the time all the temperatures on the panel were ok.
    I live in a remote area, it would be easy to say scrap her, but she has been a war horse to me launching my boat most days.
    I relies it's a pretty open question, but not very mechanical any ideas were I should start to look for the problem?
    Thanks

A little bit more information.
    She is turning over fine, but no fuel getting to injectors.
    Just above the fuel pump on a side plate is a Gray plastic connector, red and black in..blue and brown out.. The blue wire shive has burnt away, obvious were my smoke came from...what does this Gray thing do. It seems like if feeds some kind of cut off?

Comment

Here is a photo what's it called that Gray thing and could it responce able for the fuel not getting through.
      Ok d I have use photo shop can I not up load directly?

Comment

You will need to upload picture to something like photobucket and share it from there. I'm afraid that's as much help I can give as I'm mechanically clueless!

Comment

Would it be something like this?

Pictures from a 2.4 and upside down mind.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes.. But upside down.
            At the bottom of the photos what look like a grey connected with a red a black lead going into it... What does this do? On mine the blue lead that comes out the other side of this as heated up and melted....
            There is no fuel getting to the injectors... I presume this has some thing to do the burnt wire...was it easy to take the whole thing off?

Comment

Saw this on the interweb...
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes that's the one...what does the electrical spill value do?
                Were on the internet did you find this?

Comment

Working...
                X