**Help please** advice for exhaust replacement for 98 SSRX in Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Help please** advice for exhaust replacement for 98 SSRX in Ireland

Hi guys, my intercooled TD is sure for NCT very soon and I need the badly corroded central and tail sections of the pipe replaced. Prices are frightening here -particularly before the horrendous road tax!! I heard from Frank up North that he replaced his pipe with an extended wheelbase Land Cruiser 90 exhaust pipe as they are the same and they can be picked up cheap from local breakers. Do any of you know which model/year to look for specifically please, I haven't the foggiest!! Thanks in advance!
    Jiji

If yours is a gen 3 then the K90 series Landcruiser exhaust is the same. Just to check, if you pop over to the roughtrax website i'm sure the part numbers for the exhausts are the same.

Comment

Cheers Sparkie, true Roughtrax stock them and all in + delivered end up not much dearer and less hassle than 2nd hand LC95 pipes from breakers...

Comment

I take it this is for a Diesel Kzn185?

I need a replacement for a 3.4 petrol Vzn185 and having trouble finding anything. Dont suppose anyone knows if a LC or Prado system would fit?
        Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

For the cost of buying, shipping and getting fitted, it would probably work out cheaper to get a custom made exhaust.

Comment

Thanks. This was my guess. Any idea what I should expect to pay? 500 or more?
            Take your words, put them on a plate, add a little bit of humble pie, and eat them!

Comment

Around £400 for a full stainless system.

Comment

good guess - was quoted £380 for CAT back - but think I may need the pipe in front of the CAT as well. We shall see.

Looks like I'll be keeping the Truck for a while now anyway, given all the work I've had to do for MOT.

Goes to show how different garages do the MOT. My old place would have passed with less questions. The new place is meticulous - which is probably a good thing. Although more expensive!

Comment

Working...
                X