Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pipes front to rear kzn130

Hi All,

Not long after I had finished building a sleeping/storage platform I noticed a small brake fluid leak coming from where the two pipes run along/over the fuel tank.

I have got to the point where I managed to get all the bolts off and managed to get the pipes disconnected, took a good few hours due to access issues and back problems but got there!

When I went to make up the new pipes I thought I had left at least one of the lines connected to I would know which pipe went into which hole on the brake compensator valve.....to my horror I found that I had not and now I can't remember which one goes to where

The pipes run parallel to each other from the front drivers arch to the compensator at the rear, I've down loaded the kzn130 workshop manual but it doesn't help.

Can anyone help with this?

If yours is a 2.4 like mine (not sure if it's the same on a 3.0), then the brake pipe that goes from the connector under the front wheel arch that looks like a capital L on it's back, connects to the top brake union on the rear crossmember. At least, that's how mine is connected, passed its MOT and works perfectly.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
      Hi All,

Not long after I had finished building a sleeping/storage platform I noticed a small brake fluid leak coming from where the two pipes run along/over the fuel tank.

I have got to the point where I managed to get all the bolts off and managed to get the pipes disconnected, took a good few hours due to access issues and back problems but got there!

When I went to make up the new pipes I thought I had left at least one of the lines connected to I would know which pipe went into which hole on the brake compensator valve.....to my horror I found that I had not and now I can't remember which one goes to where

The pipes run parallel to each other from the front drivers arch to the compensator at the rear, I've down loaded the kzn130 workshop manual but it doesn't help.

Can anyone help with this?
      If you fit them the wrong way round it decreases the brake efficiency. I found this out the hard way!

Comment

Sorry should have said its a 3.0td, cool I'll check if I have the same connector described...from memory one comes from caliper from a t junction and the other I think was connected to a little junction and looked like it came from the reservoir

Will have a look tomorrow, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
          If you fit them the wrong way round it decreases the brake efficiency. I found this out the hard way!
          That's what I wanted to avoid, the pipes are a pain as it is to get on and mould round everything so wanted to get the correct length when in the correct union so I can get it as tidy as possible

Comment

I have hooked it up as Rebelv8 has confirmed and everything is working...thanks for your help

Comment

You're welcome, thanks for letting us know it's working

Comment

Working...
              X