Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window won't work at all!

Hello and please help!

My rear window after working perfectly for 4 years won't open at all, electronically or by key grrrrrr.... Any tips?? Would be grateful as have dog and he's having to go via the back seats!

Easiest 1st check is to remove the panel / metal cover plate and check the connecter to the motor is getting voltage. If yes probably a dead motor. If no check the relays. If the relays are working then check the wiring between the relays and tailgate.

Can't remember if the 'window lock' button affects the tailgate but if it does then make sure it isn't switched in.

Comment

check window lock first, and rear wiper is up properly, otherwise it wont work
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

All fixed

Thank you! Was rear wiper phew.....

Now to just find out why the passenger window just stopped going down, have tried swapping rear window with front & visa versa not that, think might need new driver switch thingie!

Comment

your welcome,
          now you can say hello to all, and show us all your motor.
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Liston View Post
            Thank you! Was rear wiper phew.....

Now to just find out why the passenger window just stopped going down, have tried swapping rear window with front & visa versa not that, think might need new driver switch thingie!
            Or the wire has broken where it comes through the door on the drivers side, a common problem.
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Passenger Window

Went to the surf graveyard and it wasn't the switch thingie, so thank you will get door off to see the wiring as it was melting in the car today!

Comment

Ref Liston Rear Window

Have had this problem for number of years. I think one of the reasons is that the motor is not really up to the job.When rain water seeps down through window seal it starts to create problems so keep it clean and oil gear system

Comment

Working...
                X