Brakes and exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes and exhaust

Hi first timer here have been visiting the site for a while and have gleaned some great info so thanks so far. After an mot failure I have had some repairs to do on my KZN130 firstly wheel cylinder replaced then during bleeding discovered pipes were corroded (above fuel tank) so replaced pipes and tried to bleed system front pipes no problem and load sensor no prob but cannot get anything out of rear (they will drip fluid under gravity). Another oddity was an advisory that the inside plate of the disks was badly worn which I found strange because I replaced them all last year about 1200 miles ago, I had noticed that the vehicle seemed to stick occasionally when put in drive but then released thought it was gearbox prob as it seemed intermittent. When I was replacing cv gaiters wheel hub was spinning freely then at one point froze up the brake was binding on the disk prized them back with a bar and free again?? Had to replace the exhaust so got one from Milners fitted flexi and silencer but when it came to the tail the angle was all wrong the end of the tail pipe would have come through the boot, after many discussions with Milners and exchanges of photos and measurement they concluded that was the right exhaust and the parts were not wrongly bent had to heat the pipe up and rebend the flange end to change the angle.
    After looking at pics of the original exhaust the head of milners said he had never seen one like it all in one piece so I assume it was factory fitted.
    Gratefull for any ideas you may have on the above

Hello 1st timer

Sorry know nothing about modern technology 3litre vehicles.

Old timer with 2.4

Comment

Working...
    X