X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pedal travel

finally got round to fitting new front callipers
    old ones, one or more pistons always seizing
    tried to flush fluid at same time , front fluid clean and bleed I think but the bleed screw on rear cylinder's seized so i'm scared of snapping it , could only drain / bleed from the load sensing valve.

now the pedal is very low , does stop but poor braking
    I don't think the pedal is spongy just low

pedal was fine b 4 .

have I done the master cylinder seal with all the priming / bleeding ?
    I think ive shifted all the air ?
    am I right that air in system would give a spongy pedal ?
    any tips to undo the rear bleeds ?

tom

Brakes

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ur-brakes.html

Try reading this and see how you go. If when finished, start engine, press brake pedal and hold down, turn engine off, if pedal stays firm, job done. If pedal goes down, you still have air in the system.

Comment

Master cylinder should be fine. Wheel cylinders are cheap so replace them if they're siezed. Once you adjust the drums up and bleed properly you'll be fine.

tip - if you disconect the lspv from the panhard rod and tie it up high you can get much more pressure through the back brakes to help bleeding.

Comment

thanx

the other task I have is tightening the alt. belt ,
        if the alternator is slipping / not charging properly , will the vacum pump function properly ??

does the front half of the master cylinder res. supply front brakes / back do rear ? seemed only the front was dropping , definitely two colours of fluid now .
        clean front , darker ,rear section of reservoir.

I don't believe the rear cylinders are seized , just the bleed bolt, but as u say under £ 20 a piece , not dear are they . I guess if I round the bolt I aint lost anything.
        Last edited by big tom; 22 November 2013, 09:58.

Comment

Working...
        X