Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf - 4x4 Question

Hey all, first post

Total noob here, I recently bought a Surf here in Ethiopia and have a question about the 4x4. I have used it in 4L but when I try and put it in 4H (it is the button kind) it doesn't work. The button also seems to be shot, so is there anyway I can change it to a free stitch? ( like the free one next to the rear window switch?)

I've seen different posts here saying that it can be anything from fuses to vacuum hoses. Also, I have no light on the dash when I put it in 4L, so maybe I need to change some bulbs there, but that's a different story.

Any help is appreciated, I can post pics if needed, just tell me what they should be of.

Evening Mike

What year,model,engine,auto or manual gearbox? All info helps.

Lots if info if you use the search at top of page.

Happy reading

Comment

Thanks for the response.

It's an KZN130W-GKMQT, so that makes it a '93 manual with a 1KZ engine.

Today I had someone look at it and we noticed the wire from the button to the ADD(?) is cut, so well work to repair that. He also tested the ADD(?) unit and said that it wasn't working.

I might see if I can take it out and see if it needs cleaning.

Any tips are welcome

Comment

This might be handy:
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66755

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
          This looks perfect, the only thing I'm worried about is that my 4H button doesn't work. Like I said, it is severed, but will fixing the wire have it magically pop back up?

I suppose I'll see what it does after I try this mod.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X