Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

engine fault codes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • engine fault codes

    does anyone know how to get the engine management fault codes on a 1990 ln130 2lt, i've been told that if you have bridge two wires in the diagnostic port under the bonnet by the battery (little grey box) then numbers or lights will come up on the dash giving you a fault code, but i cant seem to find out which wires. any help would be great as im having a stressfull time figuring out why it keeps cutting out!!

    cheers

    baz

  • #2
    Originally posted by bazz
    does anyone know how to get the engine management fault codes on a 1990 ln130 2lt, i've been told that if you have bridge two wires in the diagnostic port under the bonnet by the battery (little grey box) then numbers or lights will come up on the dash giving you a fault code, but i cant seem to find out which wires. any help would be great as im having a stressfull time figuring out why it keeps cutting out!!

    cheers

    baz
    Just copied this from our Aussie site.

    "Under the bonnet on the drivers side, next to the fuse box is a small black box with a flip top lid. This is for diagnostics.

    With the ignition off, transmission in P or N, a/c off and throttle fully released, connect the terminals E1 and TE1 with a small piece of wire or a paper clip.

    Turn the ignition to on and codes should be displayed on the instrument cluster with the little check engine light.

    To clear any codes either disconnect the battery or remove the ECD relay for one minute."

    Here is the 2LTE fault codes:
    1 - Normal
    2 - Turbo boost pressure sensor
    4 - Coolant temperature sensor
    5 - Correction resistance (Pump)
    6 - Pump speed sensor (Pump)
    7 - Throttle position sensor
    8 - Intake air temperature sensor
    9 - Vehicle speed sensor
    10 - Starter switch
    11 - Switch sign (Vehicle not in P or N or A/C on)
    12 - Timer control valve (Pump)
    13 - Crank position sensor

    Neville

    Comment


    • #3
      cheeers for the info neville,

      baz

      Comment


      • #4
        Would a 1990 be EFI? Thought only the EFI motors had diagnostics?

        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TonyN
          Would a 1990 be EFI? Thought only the EFI motors had diagnostics?

          not according to toyota, mid 91 they supposed to have changed to efi, but there is some members that have efi in 90 surfs which they said was original, so ???????????
          [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

          Comment


          • #6
            well i have this diagnostic box under the bonnet and its a 1990 model

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bazz
              well i have this diagnostic box under the bonnet and its a 1990 model
              Do you have an engine check light in the dash? thats what you need to count the flashes after shorting the terminals in the diag. socket.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TonyN
                Do you have an engine check light in the dash? thats what you need to count the flashes after shorting the terminals in the diag. socket.

                Should be the red light on the opposite the green turbo light, mines a 1990 and thats where it is
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

                My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Koi
                  Should be the red light on the opposite the green turbo light, mines a 1990 and thats where it is
                  You know, it was nagging at the back of my head that I'd seen the diag. socket on a non-EFI truck, now I remember, it was on yours.

                  So the little red light in the rev counter works the same as the later engine shaped dash light on the later ones?

                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    OK, on the subject of check lights.
                    As I don't have a user manual, does this check light come on under normal driving when a fault develops?
                    Or does it only come on when the terminals are shorted as above?
                    If there are no faults am I right to assume that it will come on and not flash?

                    Hope you all enjoyed your day at the pit (those that went) whilst I was grafting at work.
                    Ian
                    One day my paranoia will go away!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by icsys
                      OK, on the subject of check lights.
                      As I don't have a user manual, does this check light come on under normal driving when a fault develops?
                      Or does it only come on when the terminals are shorted as above?
                      If there are no faults am I right to assume that it will come on and not flash?

                      Hope you all enjoyed your day at the pit (those that went) whilst I was grafting at work.

                      I think you will just get the light coming on to let you know of a problem, then you pull the codes as descided above, for the fault.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X