Grease Nipples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Nipples

Was going to call them zerks, but that word just doesn't 'do it' for me.
    Anyone know if the Surf has grease nipples anywhere around the front suspension? I have a '93 Hilux Surf 3.0 manual (KNZ130 I believe) .
    Many thanks.

On closer inspection i see the top and bottom ball joint nipples. Could someone advise as to type of grease needed and how much to add.
    On squeezing the ball joint rubbers there appears to be very little or no grease present.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by obleo View Post
      On closer inspection i see the top and bottom ball joint nipples. Could someone advise as to type of grease needed and how much to add.
      On squeezing the ball joint rubbers there appears to be very little or no grease present.
      Thanks
      A lithium based grease will do the job & apply until it just starts to ooze out of the rubber, your prop shaft & U joints have nipples aswell, same thing applies with them, just till it starts to ooze out of the joints.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Re. prop shaft & U joints, how many nipples in total and which way do they face?
        Take me away from an 'ordinary' car and I'm lost.
        Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by obleo View Post
          Thanks for the reply. Re. prop shaft & U joints, how many nipples in total and which way do they face?
          Take me away from an 'ordinary' car and I'm lost.
          Many thanks
          Not sure how many on a 2nd gen but on mine it's about 6, 2 on each U-joint & 1 at each end of prop shaft.
          If you get underneath the truck you will see the nipples inside all the joints, you may need to roll the truck forwards/backwards to turn prop shaft for better access to them but its an easy job as you don't really need to jack the truck up unless your a big lad.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Many thanks Hit Man.

Comment

Working...
            X