front suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension lift

My 4runner had a saggy arse so I got the new springs off roughtrax looks sweet would the longer shocks make it bigger too?

been reading the other threads and looking under my truck and front looks pretty different im guessing I cant just put bigger springs and bigger shocks to lift the front up?

Originally posted by mulishafan View Post
    My 4runner had a saggy arse so I got the new springs off roughtrax looks sweet would the longer shocks make it bigger too?

been reading the other threads and looking under my truck and front looks pretty different im guessing I cant just put bigger springs and bigger shocks to lift the front up?
    Sure the fronts got torsion bars which would need adjusting for the front. Do a search sure there are threads on lifts.

Comment

Originally posted by mulishafan View Post

No and no. Why not gen up a bit using the search function. You'll get so much more out of ownership knowibg how your truck works.
      "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
      www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Actually i've done everything that's needed doing myself and thats one of the reasons I got a truck that needed a little work so i could learn.

however all the threads i found from searching just contain the technical stuff with the names of parts with no pictures or diagrams. i've checked out the torsion bars so i have a vague idea of what they look like,

one mans rear suspension coil/tortion bar is anothers big ass spring/long metal bit sadly for now im the latter

Comment

In order to lift the front you can either use ball joint spacers or crank up the torsion bars or even do both.If you use bj spacers aswell i would be inclined to fit the diff drop spacers aswell to help straighten the cv angles up a bit on the drive shafts
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

"B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
            X