Ln 130 will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ln 130 will not start

Just bought a 1990 surf desiel 2.4 got it home ran ok now wont start it has a clicking noise from the fuel pump is there a pump in side the pump to prime the fuel system ? glow plugs are live all the time please helpe me if you can not a good start to my surfing

Originally posted by lloyd chalke View Post
    Just bought a 1990 surf desiel 2.4 got it home ran ok now wont start it has a clicking noise from the fuel pump is there a pump in side the pump to prime the fuel system ? glow plugs are live all the time please helpe me if you can not a good start to my surfing
    Battery's not having enough power to power the Starter motor I would of thought.

Don't think there would be anything in a pump to make a clicking noise.

Battery connections tight ?

Comment

Most likely starter solenoid clicking, either batteries, ( try jump starting) or it will be the starter itself
      well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

clicking

hi
        i notice you say the glow plugs are live all the time
        well if they are they should,nt be
        they are on a relay and shut off soon after trying to start
        if live at all time,s then this is prob cause
        of batt going flat if this the case then all you will get is
        starter clicking
        check out yer plug relays and connections
        the old git

Comment

Originally posted by inexorablej View Post
          Battery's not having enough power to power the Starter motor I would of thought.

Don't think there would be anything in a pump to make a clicking noise.

Battery connections tight ?
          thank you yes batterys were low and a fuel line leek air in fuel line new fuel line fully charge batterys now starts first click of the key

Comment

thank you yes batterys low and air in fuel line new fuel line now starts first click of the key even in this cold wether !!!!

Comment

thanks to all for your help bad starting due to air in fuel line new fuel line fitted re charge batterys now starts first click of the key even in this cold wether glow plugs working as they should !!!! dont miss my disco now

Comment

thanks to all for your help bad starting due to air in fuel line new fuel line fitted re charge batterys now starts first click of the key even in this cold wether glow plugs working as they should !!!! dont miss my disco now
                Glad to hear you got it sorted mate, bet you got a big grin now,
                loads of good info and help on this site.
                happy Surfing

Kind regards

J

Comment

thank you yes batterys were low and a fuel line leek air in fuel line new fuel line fully charge batterys now starts first click of the key
                  Now time to find all those full stops, commas, and capital letters you lost in the engine bay!

Comment

Originally posted by Surfboy View Post
                    Now time to find all those full stops, commas, and capital letters you lost in the engine bay!
                    If I was better educated ,I would not be messing with a £500 surf .THANK,S........,,,,,,CAP.COM.

Comment

Working...
                    X