yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know a magic way of getting torsion bar bolt unseized from the half moon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know a magic way of getting torsion bar bolt unseized from the half moon?

Or is it just a case of a painfull unwind and fit new bolt?
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

and...

If i did unscrew the bolt and replace, where do I get a new half moon from? RT don't do them.
    "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I have a collection of them for this very purpose...

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
        I have a collection of them for this very purpose...

Got any Jiffy bags?

Comment

I have a collection of them for this very purpose...and tbh, probably a few more than I'll need in the near future, so with that in mind, I would be more than happy to send you one for the postage cost and a drink
          Thats very kind of you Tony, let me know what you want bud
          www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Well seeing as Mr N hasn't seen my witty repartee, or chosen to ignore it I still need to get the bolt loosened or replaced.

Can I apply heat or will this weaken the bolt/TB?
            Where can I get a new half moon?
            And when it gets to the end of the thread, does the bolt just fall out?
            Is it simply a case of screwing in a new one?
            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

The half moon just floats with the nut above it and the bolt going through it. You can buy new bolts / nuts from roughtrax so just remove bolt and then use a big hammer to remove stuck nut from half moon. Maybe put old bolt back in nut and give a wallop with the moon braced in a vice.

edit : maybe the bolt is just siezed in the nut ? Just stick a spanner on the nut and get a socket / breaker bar and force it off.
              Last edited by wishbone; 9 October 2012, 22:52.

Comment

Bit confused as to where the nut goes... i can spin the bolt with the half moon attached - just, as it has to ride up and down the saddle. I thought trying to turn the bolt with a little weight on the wheels might help but i just get a lot of flex in the breaker bar...
                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

This help?.....
                  http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Aha!
                    Thanks. Never seen the nut end before, even though adjusted my other truck quite easily...

Will have a good spray of WD40. put a wrench on the nut, and see what spins, or doesn't...
                    www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

I've been busy!

Just text me your address and i'll bung a bolt and nut/washer in the post, was kinda waiting for you just to get in touch.

Originally posted by Wolfracer View Post
                      Well seeing as Mr N hasn't seen my witty repartee, or chosen to ignore it I still need to get the bolt loosened or replaced.

Can I apply heat or will this weaken the bolt/TB?
                      Where can I get a new half moon?
                      And when it gets to the end of the thread, does the bolt just fall out?
                      Is it simply a case of screwing in a new one?

Comment

I've been busy!

Just text me your address and i'll bung a bolt and nut/washer in the post, was kinda waiting for you just to get in touch.

That's very Kind of you Tony thanks!

And in recognition of your generosity, I've written you a little ditty...

Tony N you are the best,
                        so much better than the rest.
                        You give the world rose coloured tints
                        Just like that Welsh boy(o)
                        Bushwhacker (Vince)

www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

T0sser...

Comment

T0sser...

Lol!
                            www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Tony, New bolt and half moon arrived today. Packed better than most ebay items we receive!
                              Many thanks, and if I can ever repay the favour... tube of gripfill or some plasterboard nails etc.. please don't hesitate to ask!
                              www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                              X