Urgent Help please-rear outer seal position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help please-rear outer seal position

Been having problems with leaking seals had bearing etc all replaced-alledgedly and it still leaked then had innner seal replaced and it still leaked.
    Had look at weekend and am concerned how the out seal appears to have been fitted=looks like it is protruding through around the bearing as I can see it without taking shaft out-can this be right. I thought it just sat on top of the bearing at the rear of the plate??

Anyone got a good picture of the rear seal as it sits on the shaft-there are lots of pics on various sites but cant see one with outer seal fitted

Most garages refit the last collar and ABS ring wrong, its dosn't go all the way up to the bearing, its needs to be in the right place on the axle shaft or the inner axle seal dosn't sit on the ABS retaining collar.

The outer seal is just a dust shield, to stop brake dust and crap getting into bearing.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have made a puller for the rear halfshaft bearings it's a bit "heath robinson" but it works, if you want to make one it's relatively easy! if your interested i'll get some pics put on so you can see. As Tony has said though if the ABS ring and inner seal collar aren't fitted properly they do leak quite quickly, IIRC Mine lasted about a month before it started leaking again, i replaced the ABS ring and collar how they came off, (my mistake) when it leaked again i measured the other side and although only a couple of mm,s the seal didn't sit right so leaked, replaced it, set it up to the other side and it's been fine.
      I'M ALWAYS IN THE SH'T, IT'S ONLY THE DEPTH THAT VARIES!!!!!!!!

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=4r...FaO70QXbmIGYAQ

Comment

Cheers fella-now struggling to get anyone with a press near me to take it all apart-what do you reckon my chances of banging it off-it should be new so I thought it might be persuaded by some brute force and ignorance?

Comment

Working...
          X