Doh! drop link just fell off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doh! drop link just fell off!

Just picking my boys when it poped off. Looks like an easy fix.....

Yeh if you have a grinder...

Good luck if you don't.

Comment

It was a piece of P to do!
      Ordered links from Roughtrax and got them two days later then it took about 45mins for both sides, I didn't need to jack up the truck or take any wheels off.

Comment

I had to grind mine off, they put up a fight. Like you said simple enough to change though.

Comment

Got to get a couple of front drop links and do mine too...just failed the MOT today ..on a brighter note, that was all it failed on so swings and roundabouts i s'pose.

No jacking or wheel removing needed then? Just unbolt (or grind off) and replace...even i can't screw that up!

Anyone know if Milners do the complete drop link kit pictured on their page on their webby?

Have 10 days to replace these before retest, don't fancy having to mess about waiting for the nuts, washers and bushes to arrive if they don't go with the link.

Comment

I have not tried the front ones. The wheels might need to come off, not really inspected them. The links will come with nuts and you probably can't take the bushes off them anyway.

Comment

Cheers Rob.

I was wondering about the Milners links not having all the bits included cos i saw a few old threads on the forum where they were being delivered without the bushes, washers or nuts.

Don't think i'll be using them anyway...send them an email to their sales email addy at 11 am, still no reply at 16:30...doesn't bode well if i have a complaint, if they can't be arsed to answer a sales email!

Roughtrax or Eurocarparts i s'pose.

Thanks again.

Comment

Just get a big spanner on them and they will probably snap off when you give it some!
                I just lay on the ground to do mine and only had to jack one side up a bit to take the strain off the roll bar a bit.

Comment

Had to grind them off at the ball joint end...not too bad though, only took a few minutes each side.

The two new ones i got are labelled as 'front' but are in fact for the rear, as they are 152.5mm long, not 195mm...doh.

Comment

Working...
                  X